Michael P. Simpson
President & CEO
Responsible for the worldwide sales, marketing, administration, engineering, manufacturing, product development, product management and operations functions of the company.
More than 16 years of senior management experience, and 10 years of experience as a leading orthopedic industry executive.
- Global Business President, Spine, Orthofix
- Group Business President, Orthopedics & Spinal-Stim, Orthofix
- North America President, Orthopedics, Orthofix
- Senior Vice President / General Manager, Orthofix
- Senior Vice President of Global Operations, Orthofix
- Chief Operating Officer, Advent Supply
- Director of Operations, Intermec
Joined SBi in February 2012
Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for the accounting and finance departments, as well as information
technology, human resources, customer service, manufacturing & operations, and oversite of quality assurance.
More than 25 years experience in accounting and finance within the Medical Device industry.
- Fmr. VP, Finance & Admin, International Technidyne Corp.
- Fmr. Dir., Accounting & Financial Systems, Howmedica Orthopedics (eventually Stryker Corp.)
- Earlier experience at KPMG accounting firm
- Member of SBi, Inc. audit & compliance committee
- Member of the SBi Asia–Pacific Board of Directors
Joined SBi in March 2006
Managing Director- International
Responsible for the overall Operation of the European and Latin American regions. Specific functions include operations, accounting, product development, regulatory, quality, and Information Technology. Philippe manages the offices in France and Germany.
- Fmr. Financial Controller for a privately held WW Company based in NYC.
- Twenty years of Accounting and Finance experience
Joined SBi in November 2006
Senior Vice President, Product Development, Product Management & Medical Education
Responsible for the development and management of all new and existing products as well as surgeon educating and sales rep training.
More than 19 years experience in research, development, marketing and operations within the Medical Device industry.
- Fmr. Senior Director, Orthobioligics R&D and Product Development, Osteotech (now Medtronic)
- Fmr. Business Development Manager, Stryker Orthopedics & Stryker Trauma
- Fmr. Business Manager � Hip & Upper Extremity, Stryker Orthopedics
- Fmr. European Manufacturing Manager, Osteo AG (Stryker Orthopedics - Europe)
Joined SBi in July 2006
James L. O'Connor
Vice President, Worldwide Regulatory, Quality & Clinical Affairs, and Ethics & Compliance
Responsible for Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Affairs and Compliance.
More than 30 years experience building and managing infrastructure for growing medical device and biotech companies.
- Compliance Officer for SBi
- Fmr. VP, QA/QC & Regulatory, Small Bone Innovations, LLC
- Fmr. Owner/Principal of JMC Medical
- Fmr. Sr. Director, Product Management, Quality and Clinical Programs ZymeQuest Inc.
- Fmr. Director, Strategic Marketing and Product Management, Whatman HemaSure Inc.
- Fmr. Director, Product and Business Development, HemaSure Inc.
- Fmr. Product Marketing Manager, Sepracor Inc.
- Fmr. Principal Engineer, Millipore Corp.
Joined SBi in November 2005
National Sales Director
Responsible for managing all SBi sales in U.S & Canada.
More than 20 years of experience in Medical Sales, Service and Marketing
- Fmr. Director of Sales, Western Region with Ascent Healthcare Solutions: able to grow and establish the Western Region as the #1 region in revenue and growth
- Fmr. Regional Vice President with Alliance Medical Corporation
- Fmr. National Sales Manager with Paragon Healthcare Corporation
Joined SBi in June 2011
International Sales Director
Responsible for sales and marketing outside of the United States and development of SBI International distributor relationships with more than 15 years of experience in orthopedics.
- Fmr. international sales and marketing manager of Fixano SAS.
Joined SBi in February 2005