The unique design of the A3 provides maximized stability by utilizing an anatomic design which provides significantly greater purchase in
the calcaneus. The 10° lateral and 15° posterior bend enables the nail to extend an additional 19mm in the hindfoot over a straight nail.
Posterolateral offset provides greater bone contact – 6cm of length in the calcaneus and talus [may vary based on patient anatomy].
Anterior bow combined with a posterolateral offset mimics the natural curvature of the tibia and internal structure of the talus and calcaneus to enhance fixation and minimize the toggling effect.
The A3 Fusion Nail is an important component of the Total Ankle System (TAS). Designed to maximize stability in the most challenging ankles, the A3 provides significant advances in fusion nail design to orthopedic surgeons. The A3 introduces several unique design features, complemented with simplified instrumentation to ease the surgical technique.
Among the leading innovations are:
• Lateral AND unique posterior bend provide maximized stability by traversing a greater distance through the cortical bone of the distal calcaneus
• Internal compression provides up to 10mm of compression
• Anterior bow in the tibial portion of the nail mimics the natural curvature of the tibia and minimizes the toggling effect and increases torsional stability
• Extended tapered tip designed to distribute loading forces, reducing the risk of shaft fractures due to stress risers at the tip
• Divergent calcaneal and talar screws designed to enhance purchase by following the long axis of each bone
MKT 36080 Rev. A